Thursday, June 16, 2005

Notes and today so far...

Karen, the name of the book is "Mama Loves You" by
Caroline Stutson it is also nicely illustrated by John
Segal. It is published by Scholastic. It was sent
to us by Mike's cousin Bob and his wife who live in
NJ. They have two daughters and were happy to share
some things their girls outgrew. It is really a very
cute book and a good travel size.

RoseMary, no I am afraid that not many Kazak families
adopt the children here. For some reason it is just
not done. I gathered that it is either not well
publicized about the baby houses or the people here
just really don't want to believe that people would
abandon their children. The children are not being
adopted by locals, but there are people here that know
that foreigners are adopting these children and don't
want them to.

Today so far...

My husband is bordering on miserable. It was hard to
get out of the apartment today lots of potty time and
pushing, more of "she's touching me" etc., but we
finally left for a short walk as we wanted to get back
early. It was like herding cats. Tucker wanted to go
one way, Bacha wasn't moving, Mike was ready to head
back to the apartment after 5 minutes. I kept us
going and spied little plastic bottles in a booth. I
read the bottles and saw the word "bubbles". Mike was
so pissy he just kept naysaying everything and was
sure these weren't really bubbles. I was ready to
swat him one. Sure enough he opened the container and
it was bubbles. Cost 25 tenge. I thought great this
is it, but Mike opened the container up and asked them
to share, yes he was really pushing it today. All
Hell broke loose in front of the booth. The three
ladies inside were giggling. I started laughing as
Mike was instructing Tucker on this very important but
I dare say, ill timed lesson of sharing. Mike was
sure this was a good time. Mike finally broke down
and bought one more bubbles container. The ladies had
it ready for him. Ahhh... how are we going to last
one more+ week. As it turns out we are leaving
Kokshetau on the 24th instead of the 22nd.

Mike is taking a nap now, maybe he will be in a better
mood when he wakes up. Of course this is not to say
that I don't have my moments. It just happens to be
Mike's turn to lose it.

Oh well, no nap for Bacha today.


__________________________________
Discover Yahoo!
Get on-the-go sports scores, stock quotes, news and more. Check it out!
http://discover.yahoo.com/mobile.html

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You two have a lot of patience and have a right to a few bad days. Waiting to come home must be quite frustrating. I'm sure you want to settle into your own house with your new daughter and get back to a normal life. Please, Linda...bring your family by St. Paul's when school starts so we can all meet Bacca (it seems that's what you've decided to call her...I love it). I have so enjoyed reading this blog every day. It's been very educational....

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I spelled Bacha wrong. Sorry.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home