Saturday, June 11, 2005

Bacha, Bacha, Bacha

Linda Here

- for clarification with anyone new to the blog
(pronounced like ChewBACCA, or like the becca after
Rebecca with an "ah" sound (Re)bahcha, or Bach like
the composer with an ahhh on the end. This name has
been a nickname for Bayht all her life. Our decision
to make was how to spell Bacha as the Russian letters
that would be used are not available or sound
different in our American alphabet. So our little
girl's name is Mia Bahyt Franke with the nickname
Bacha.

Bacha is a great sleeper. This is good news. She
will take a 2 - 3 hour nap with Tucker and sleep
through the night 10 or 11 hours. Yea!

When Bacha wakes the first thing she does when she
comes out after giving us a big smile is look for and
put on a baseball cap. She may also put socks on her
hands and feet. She smiles almost all the time except
when she thinks that Tucker might get something that
she won't. Whatever Tucker wants Bacha wants whether
she was thinking about it or not. I was surprised
that after Tucker used the potty this afternoon for a
poop, Bacha felt slighted when I turned the light off.
She wanted to go next even though she didn't need to.

Bacha seems to use the potty as bonding time with
Mama. She asks to go to it often and when she does I
balance her as there is no child seat and then I sit
on the edge of the bathtub. Bacha then makes her
great big smile and imaginative faces, sounds and
holds out her hand for touch. I mirror whatever she
does and she loves this time together. It really is
quite cute.

Bathtime is fun. Both she and Tucker get in the tub
together and play. Water flies everywhere and there
are lots of smiles and giggles.

Language is starting to come. Bacha knows brush teeth
and will ask to brush teeth several times a day. She
knows the words milk, more, shoes, socks, bed, hat,
cookie, and outside. Bacha likes to draw circles on
the magna doodle, put stickers everywhere, (this
morning it was on the tips of each finger) and
occasionally go through a book or magazine. Tucker
has a book called "I Love You". It is a book he can
proudly read all by himself. Bacha likes to pretend
she reads it as well. She uses just the right
cadence.

I brought three stuffed animals including Mouse &
Mouse and elephant. Bacha was telling stories to
herself using Mouse & Mouse while I was telling Tucker
a Luke story last night. It is the first time she
really seemed to care about the stuffed animals.
Tonight she cuddled up with Mouse.

I slept next to Bacha the last three nights in case
she were to wake up which she has. When she does she
has a look of fright. Last night she came over and
cuddled next to me. If she wakes up I blow her kisses
and rub her belly and she falls right back to sleep.
She moves around at night like Tucker does. The two
of them just flop all night. I have started to put
diapers on Bacha at sleeptime. She has had nap and
bedtime accidents even though I have woken her up
during the night to pee. She is drinking a lot more
than she did at the Baby house where they regulated
her liquids.

Bacha is very animated and attracts lots of attention
when we are out. In the store the other day while we
were buying he shoes she sought out a mirror and
started making faces and noises. The ladies loved
her. Bacha had stong opinions on which shoes she liked
and which she didn't.

Bacha seemed to be requesting musica the other day. I
forgot we left a little music in I-tunes on the
laptop. I have a collection of Tom Jones, Cassandra
Wilson, Diana Krall and Ceclia Bartoli. When I hear
Tom Jones singing the Green Green Grass of Home I miss
kudzu.

I brought a Groovy girl doll with us from home. Bacha
has shown no interest she seems much more of a tomboy
in tastes.

Last night I had a heart to heart talk with Tucker
just after Bacha went to sleep. Bacha takes just
minutes to fall asleep whereas Tucker needs time and
touch to wind down - a good 45 minutes. I asked
Tucker how he felt so far about Mia. "Do you like
that Mia is here", "no, she takes my sword". "Will
she break my light saber "saver" when we get home"? I
had to assure Tucker that she would not have the
opportunity to break his light saver and that I
understood that perhaps his sword should be off limits
to Bacha. He appreciated my understanding and gave me
a big kiss. I do love these two so much.


__________________________________
Discover Yahoo!
Use Yahoo! to plan a weekend, have fun online and more. Check it out!
http://discover.yahoo.com/

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!
I'm continuing to follow your journal. I enjoy reading both of your blog entries as you each tend to focus on different things.

I do enjoy hearing about the culture stuff and the "mundane"too. I have to agree with Mike, our "throw away culture" drives me nuts. And the "news" that we focus on...don't get me started !

I have been wondering about a few things:
Do the children at the baby house have any thing (toys, "lovey"(doll, blanket), or clothes that is just for them?
A follow-up to that is whether Bacha has anything that she was able to take with her?

Also, how do they prepare the children for adoption? (In addition to the transition time with the parents). I'm trying to imagine how a young child is able to "understand" that their whole life will change.

Rose Mary

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you'll have to buy Bacha her own sword and laser?!

It's so great that Tucker is able to tell you how he's feeling.

RM

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me again-
One more thing...

Do they have dolls in Kazakstan that would "resemble" Bacha?
Emily loves her Chinese baby doll.


RM

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home